For anyone who is attending or a part of our AHSCS event at Kirby. Please read very closely. It is imperative that we follow the Corp or Engineers rules and regs. Thank you.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District
IMPORTANT RULES AND REGULATIONS
To make your stay more enjoyable please adhere to the following rules:
1. Do not place camping equipment or other property on a site for the purpose of holding the site for future occupancy. THE PLACEMENT OF TENTS OR RV’S ON CAMPSITES MUST FOLLOW POSTED REGULATIONS AND INFORMATION ON SITE MARKER POSTS.
2. You must set up camping unit on site before you register and make a daily appearance. The site cannot be left unattended exceeding a 24 hour period.
3. Keep all vehicles on parking pads or designated parking areas.
4. ATV’s, UTV’s, ORV’s, are prohibited from recreation areas unless loaded on a trailer or in a vehicle. Loading and unloading is allowed in designated areas only. NO RIDING IN THE PARK, NO RIDING THE TRAIL AFTER DARK, ALL RIDERS (EXCEPT THOSE WITH ROLL OVER PROTECTION AND SEAT BELTS) ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A HELMENT.
5. Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm until 6:00 am.
6. The operation or use of any noise-producing device, which unreasonably annoys other visitors, is prohibited.
7. Golden Age, Golden Access or America the Beautiful Cards must register in person and make a daily appearance at their campsite.
8. Pike County is a “dry” county, the sale of alcohol is prohibited. The use of alcohol beverages must be within the boundaries of your campsite and must follow the state of Arkansas laws regarding the possession, and/or consumption of such beverages.
9. The “NO OPEN CONTAINERS OF ALCOHOL” on the water, is posted at boat ramps on Lake Greeson.
10. Pets must be kept on a 6 foot leash, caged/confined indoors. Pets must NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED. No Pets on beach.
11. There are no lifeguards on duty.
12. All campers/day users are required to keep their site free of trash and litter during occupancy and remove all personal equipment and clean their sites upon departure.
13. A campsite must be completely vacated and all camping equipment removed prior to
another camper placing their equipment on the site and occupying the site. Do not ask
campers when they are leaving. The disturbance of a camper is prohibited.
14. Incoming reservations, Walk-Ins and those transferring sites must check-in with the fee
booth or ranger immediately after setting up on site.
15. DRONES and all (UAS) Unmanned Aircraft Systems are prohibited.
16. Water is for consumption only: washing/rinsing camping units, vehicles, etc. is prohibited.
* Please note that a complete set of rules and regulations are available upon request. These rules are enforced and are punishable by the Corps of Engineers. Local and state police also patrol the campground areas and have authority to enforce local and state laws. For assistance, contact a uniformed park ranger or the Field Office.
Lake Greeson Field